Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Speech Reflection

In assessing my speech, I was glad to be able to see what I looked like up there. I was able to get out all the information and points out that I needed to give, but as Mr. Horton mentioned, it felt unorganized and not structured; random. My voice was at a good level for most of the speech, though I thought that I needed to take more breaths and use shorter sentences. I would end a sentence mumbling because I would be running out of breath. I had practiced giving the speech nine or ten times by time to present, but I agreed with Mr. Horton again in the fact that it needed to be rehearsed far more. I knew what I needed to say, but not exactly with the presentable look and organization that it needed. My movements were few, a step here and there and little hand movement. I am not one to usually talk with my hands, but I have certainly learned that it makes a person much more appealing and easier to listen to if they are, as well with a little pacing. Lastly, I agreed once again with Mr. Horton that my eye contact seemed fine, I saw that my eyes would drift from person to person at a reasonable and comfortable rate, which helped keep the audience's attention. All in all, I felt like a C was a reasonable grade for the speech I gave. I would have given the same to myself if I were the one to grade it.

No comments:

Post a Comment